For every sexual abuse and assault case that makes headlines, there are hundreds more cases of children and adult sexual assault and rape survivors who have suffered in silence and prayed for relief. While the criminal justice system can punish perpetrators, the civil justice system can hold negligent parties accountable and provide resources for victims who are unavailable in the criminal courts. The law firm of Andreozzi & Associates, P.C., helps victims take a stand and take back their lives through the civil system.
Our legal team has represented victims of sexual abuse and sexual assault in Pennsylvania and across the country, from high-profile cases such as the Jerry Sandusky/Penn State scandal, to cases involving clergy members, educators, day care providers and other trusted individuals. We are sexual assault and rape lawyers with extensive real-world experience with these sensitive and heartbreaking cases.
Although we cannot go back in time and stop the sexual abuse or crime from occurring, we do everything in our power to assist our clients in their path toward healing. We try to surround our clients with the best possible support network which may include attorneys and mental health care professionals.
Justice For Sexual Abuse, Sexual Assault And Rape Survivors
The lawyers at Andreozzi & Associates, P.C., focus their practice on representing survivors of sexual assault and child sexual abuse. Our goal is to bring perpetrators to justice, and hold accountable the institutions that looked the other way or failed to prevent such acts in the first place. We have recovered millions of dollars for victims in Pennsylvania in a wide range of cases:
- Schools and colleges — Students and visitors at schools, colleges and universities in Pennsylvania have the right to be safe from sexual harassment and sexual assault. Private and public schools can be sued when a school worker, teacher, a student or a third party commits a sexual assault on campus. We have held schools accountable for their negligence in allowing sexual harassment or sexual assault to occur, including Penn State University in the aftermath of the Jerry Sandusky scandal.
- Health care providers — Some of the most vulnerable sexual abuse and sexual assault victims are those assaulted in a health care facility, where predators prey on those who are susceptible because of their medical or psychological conditions. We frequently handle cases involving sexual assaults and rapes at nursing homes, hospitals, doctors' offices and rehabilitation facilities.
- Property owners — We handle cases against property owners who fail to prevent guests from becoming victims of sexual crimes, including childhood sexual abuse, sexual assault and rape. This includes cases against parents who know of their child's sexually predatory behavior and fail to appropriately supervise the youth, against social hosts who provide alcohol resulting in sexual assault of an incapacitated victim and against hotels for failing to prevent sexual assaults of guests.
- Workplace assaults — If you or a loved one was sexually assaulted while at work, our firm can pursue civil remedies against the perpetrator, the employer and third parties such as a property management or security company.
- Workplace sexual harassment — You do not have to endure unwanted advances or sexual touching, quid pro quo demands for sex, or any sexualized behavior or images that create a sexually hostile working environment while at work. If your employer fails to take appropriate action or retaliates if you complain, we can help you pursue civil damages and other remedies.
Compassionate And Powerful Representation
Many cases are referred to us from other lawyers who are familiar with our experience and results in sexual assault and rape victim litigation. We welcome inquiries from law firms, from parents and family members, and from survivors themselves. We can force those responsible to acknowledge the wrong and recognize the harm, through appropriate monetary compensation and through changes in policies and procedures that will prevent sexual assaults and rape from occurring to anyone else.
Our firm handles cases throughout Pennsylvania. We have offices in Harrisburg, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. For a free, confidential consultation with an experienced sexual assault and rape victim attorney, call us toll free at 800-724-5785 or contact us online.