Sexual Abuse in North Carolina Religious Institutions
Too often, individuals within the church and religious institutions abuse their power and commit horrible crimes against the children, youth, and adults who turn to them in trust.
These organizations must be held accountable. Aggressive litigation is one way to make that happen.
An Experienced North Carolina Sexual Abuse Lawyer Is Ready To Help You
If you have been sexually abused or assaulted by your church or other religious institution, we can help. We offer free, completely confidential initial consultations to help survivors of sexual abuse find healing, closure, and justice through litigation. We take cases nationwide.
We have handled cases involving a wide range of religious institutions in the U.S., including:
- Catholic archdioceses and dioceses across the country.
New Jersey Clergy Abuse, New York Clergy Abuse, Pennsylvania Clergy Abuse, Arizona Clergy Abuse, Colorado Clergy Abuse
- Orthodox Jewish communities which have allowed Rabbis and the leaders of religious schools to engage in predatory behavior.
- The Jehovah’s Witnesses. The Jehovah’s Witnesses have been found responsible for encouraging abuse victims to stay silent and cover-up misbehavior from members of the congregation
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Sexual abuse involving Mormon missionaries and Missionary Training Centers has come to light in recent years.
- Protestant and Evangelical churches. The majority of sexual abuse cases happen in Protestant and Evangelical churches, which have the largest number of members in the U.S.
Looking For Justice, Closure, And Answers? Speak in Confidence with a North Carolina Attorney
It can be hard to take this first step. That is why we offer compassionate, confidential, and free case assessments. Learn what to expect or give us a call at 866-311-8640 to get started. You can also reach us online and we will respond promptly.
We have provided guidance and discrete legal counsel to clients nationwide in many major metropolitan areas & states, including: