Childhood sexual abuse leaves victims with deep scars. For many sexual abuse survivors, it takes decades to work through the complex mix of confusion, anger, shame and depression caused by their abuse. In many cases, it takes decades for childhood sexual abuse victims to even admit what happened to them. Some victims never come forward. Child sexual abuse is unfortunately far too common. Institutions that are entrusted with protecting children from sexual abuse often fail to adequately supervise children in their care. From our locations in Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York, and Arizona, we at Andreozzi + Foote represent clients throughout the nation in holding those who enable childhood sexual abuse responsible.
Ready To Take On Powerful Organizations
If you or a loved one has been the victim of childhood sexual abuse, you may be able to file a civil lawsuit against the institutions responsible for allowing the sexual abuse to occur. This may include a church, school, day care or foster care agency that failed to screen a perpetrator. Civil justice for child sexual abuse victims gives survivors closure, and provides the financial resources for victims to obtain the counseling and support they need to rebuild their lives. Holding institutions that enable abuse accountable is also critical in preventing future acts of abuse.
Our firm frequently accepts referrals from other lawyers across the US who are familiar with our experience with these difficult cases.
Looking To Take Action?
In our experience, institutions that are willing to cover up abuse often do so repeatedly. If you suffered abuse as a child, you are likely not alone. Concerned family members and survivors rely on our substantial experience in holding a wide range of institutions accountable.
We have effectively resolved child sexual abuse cases in a wide range of settings, including:
- Educational institutions — Private and public institutions, from grade schools to universities, can be sued for sexual abuse and assault perpetrated by teachers, employees, students or third parties, even when the abuse occurred off school grounds or the victim was not a student of the school. Our firm represented 11 of Jerry Sandusky’s victims against Penn State.
- Daycare settings — Sexual abuse is often perpetrated by the very people who are supposed to protect children. We have handled dozens of cases of children abused by child care employees or volunteers, and by foster parents or others in a foster home. We have helped clients seek damages from day cares and foster placement agencies.
- Religious institutions — Child predators often use positions in religious institutions to psychologically and spiritually manipulate victims. Such positions allow predators unquestioned access to vulnerable children. Clergy abuse cases are some of the most emotionally charged and sensitive, especially when the church turns its back on the victim, fails to accept accountability or shelters a serial child abuser.
- Youth organizations and sports leagues — Organizations catering to youths, such as the Boy Scouts and athletic leagues, often attract child predators. Counselors, coaches and other adults should be subject to rigorous background checks and other protections before they are entrusted with supervision of children.
- Pennsylvania Clergy Accused of Sexual Abuse
- Protestant Church Sexual Abuse Lawyers Pennsylvania
- Mormon Church Sexual Abuse Lawyers
- Sexual Abuse in Religious Institutions Arizona
- Sexual Abuse in Religious Institutions Colorado Andreozzi & Foote
- Sexual Abuse in Religious Institutions New Jersey
- Sexual Abuse in Religious Institutions New York
- Sexual Abuse in Religious Institutions North Carolina Andreozzi & Foote
- Sexual Abuse in Schools Lawyers North Carolina
- Sexual Abuse in Schools Lawyers Arizona
- Sexual Abuse in Schools Lawyers Colorado
- Sexual Abuse in Schools Lawyers New Jersey
- Sexual Abuse in Schools Lawyers New York
- School Sexual Abuse Lawyers Victims of Abuse
- Teacher Sexual Abuse Lawyers Victims of Abuse
- Child Victims of Sexual Abuse Lawyers .
- Child Care Sexual Abuse Lawyers .
- Foster Care Abuse & Neglect Lawyers
- Health Care Sexual Abuse Lawyers
- Rockefeller University Hospital
- Nursing Home Sexual Abuse Lawyers Harrisburg
- Youth Sports Sexual Abuse Lawyers Pennsylvania
- Big Brother & Big Sister Sexual Abuse Lawyers .
- Accused NY Scout Leaders
- Boys Scouts of America Sexual Abuse Lawyers
- Child Youth Agency Sexual Abuse Lawyers PA .
- Youth Coaches Sexual Abuse Lawyers Pennsylvania Andreozzi & Foote
- Sexual Abuse in Youth Sports Lawyers Pennsylvania Andreozzi & Foote
- Sexual Abuse in Youth Organizations lawyers PA .
- Voyeurism & Hidden Camera Lawyers Pennsylvania Andreozzi & Foote
- Violent Crimes Lawyers Pennsylvania Victims of Assault
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers Pennsylvania
- Bars & Nightclub Violent Crime Injury Lawyers PA
- Public Transit Violent Crime Lawyers Pennsylvania
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Lawyers Pennsylvania
- Human Trafficking Victim Abuse Lawyers
The First Step Toward Justice Is A Confidential Consultation
Our attorneys handle cases throughout the US. If you or a loved one has suffered from childhood sexual abuse, please contact us to arrange a free, confidential consultation to discuss your legal options. Call us toll free at 866-311-8640 or contact us online.